Forms 1095-C Due to Full-Time Employees by March 2, 2018
Under the Affordable Care Act, applicable large employers (ALEs)—generally those with at least 50 full-time employees, including full-time equivalent employees, in the preceding calendar year—must report certain information to their full-time employees and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) about the health care coverage they have offered (if any).
With deadlines for 2017 reporting just a few months away, ALEs should begin thinking about these five information reporting facts:
- ALEs are required to furnish Form 1095-C to each of its full-time employees by March 2, 2018 (new extended deadline).
- ALEs must file Forms 1095-C, accompanied by the transmittal Form 1094-C, with the IRS no later than February 28, 2018 (or April 2, 2018, if filing electronically).
- Self-insured ALEs must also report via Forms 1094-C and 1095-C.
- ALEs that file 250 or more Forms 1095-C must file them electronically.
- ALEs can find a complete list of resources and the latest news at the IRS's Applicable Large Employer Information Center.
If you liked this information, you might also want to download the 2018 ACA Checklist.